Monday, June 2, 2014

US Manga sales and Indiestarter III

Quick question: In 2013 the Top 50 manga titles in Japan sold 122 million copies. Japan has a population of 127 million (sources:Wikipedia).

Do Japanese-Americans in the States buy manga on that level? I don't think they do, but if not why not?

---

New projects alert! Over on Kickstarter, we have Derek Hunter who is looking to fund his mini-comics. What's the big deal, you ask?

I'm Derek Hunter, one of the designers for Adventure Time on Cartoon Network! I have been drawing comics for almost as long as I can remember and what I'm asking from you today is to help me collect my favorite self-published mini comics of the last 11 years into one beautiful book!
Click to fund


My kids LOVE Adventure Time. Actually so do I. Derek's more than halfway to his goal, so give him a little shove towards success, please. Just hit Click to fund above.

On the Indigogo side of the street, there's EJ Cedric's The Dying Breed. Go read EJ's bio and check out his website. It's not a huge goal, but the results of the effort can be far greater than simply raising a few bucks to print a comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment