Tuesday, May 29, 2018

All Blogs Go To Heaven Part XIV

Where were we? Been a busy month; apologies to the dozens of you following this project...

Let's get back to it!

As a refresher, I've been visiting old comic blogs to see what's still alive and where everybody went. Some are still going, some are dead dead dead and some have evolved into a Big Deal.

I've been using Comicblogupdates (CBU) and Update-A-Tron (UAT) to facilitate this project. (Quite a few of the links on these two sites rely on RSS/feeds. Some sites are still there; the provided link is just defunct)

CBU

Optimum Wound  - Chris La Tray stopped posting here in 2010, but he can be found at his own joint here. And Twitter of course.

titanstower.com monitor room - No longer monitoring since 2016. However, If you're into Teen Titans lore, lots of it can be found here.

Comics Ate My Brain - Tom Bondurant moved from this blog to the Wordpress platform but hasn't used it since 2015. No matter - he's at CBR (but nothing since March - someone see if he's OK).

Comic Coverage - Hard to tell if Mark Engblom is still updating this site (which has dozens of categories with hundreds of posts). He is on Facebook.

Tom the Dog's You Know What I Like? - From 2004-08, TtD was a very frequent pop culture commentator, and I do remember reading his stuff occasionally. He packed it in early 2009. Not sure what he's doing now; I think Tom the Dog is unlisted in the Googlepages. UPDATE - He's on Tweetster.


UAT

Picture Poetry - Leigh Walton is far too busy with his Top Shelf job to bother with silly blogs.

Michael Zulli Working - Michael only posted a few entries here (last being in 2012). His self-titled website is not in operation. Regardless, I remember Michael from his utterly unique series, Puma Blues. This just in - Aftershock Comics released an anthology last month featuring a collaboration from Michael and someone called Neil Gaiman.




My Blue Sky - Amy Mebberson can found here instead of this blog, which stopped in 2011.

Inky Fingers - Jody MacGregor moved over to Tumblr in 2011, but hasn't posted there either for about a year. Twitter?

Are You A Serious Comic Book Reader? - Brandon Soderberg has been busy since moving away from comic blogging. If I have the right person, he moved to Baltimore from Raleigh, and began a career in independent journalism.

See you soon. I mean it.

2 comments:

  1. My old pal Tom the Dog can be found regularly posting on the Twitters: https://twitter.com/tomthedog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez I didn't even consider that option. I am a dummy.

    ReplyDelete