Friday, June 6, 2014

The End is coming

Tomorrow in Chippewa Falls, WI, a big chapter of my life will come to a close. Around 9:30 Central time, I will be transferring approximately 15 long boxes from my car (if you will recall, a Kia Soul purchased in part with the sale of my Marvel collection) to the vehicle of a collector from Minnesota. I will give a postscript on the transaction later in the weekend, plus I hope to start a discussion with those folks that have gone through what I'm about to experience.

I will no longer be a collector of anything, at least nothing "collectible".

Also, as I'm flying through the Intersphere this morning, I saw this Rich Johnston post on Bleeding Cool, and it contained this little passage:
Citing increases in rent and the reducing demand at shows for the dollar box –  as well as the DC Comics reboot – they say they have lost faith in the back issue market.
Next week I will submit the answers to my dealer survey for your perusal. I asked a number of renowned comic retailers about the current state of the back issue marketplace. Have they "lost faith" as well?



Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you found a buyer. I look forward to the follow-up.

    ReplyDelete